hannah peters jewellery
We are a female owned and run micro-business. Everything - from the packing to the customer service, the photography and the web design, the designing and the making - is done by Hannah herself. She has company in her studio from Echo the rescue cat and Demelza the rescue greyhound, and they enjoy beautiful views across open skies and fields to the moorland hills beyond.
We specialise in antique and vintage jewellery, but also hand make bespoke engagement, wedding and partnership rings.
We offer private Make Your Own Wedding Rings day workshops. Our studio is also available to hire for custom jewellery tuition packages.
For 2018, we are also working on some exciting new projects and collections...watch this space!
Follow us on Instagram @JewelleryHannah
get in touch...
ask us a question...
make an appointment to visit us...
our eco credentials
we try to minimise the effect that our business has on the environment in the following ways;
- we walk to work, so create no pollution or congestion with our commute.
- our studio is extremely well-insulated, and our winter heating is from one thermostatically controlled greenhouse-heater.
- we compost all our teabags, vegetable and plant waste, which is then dug into our garden. We also recycle our coffee capsules and milk bottles.
- for our make your own wedding rings workshops, we cook the lunch and scones ourselves from scratch, using organic and local ingredients wherever possible. In summer, we grow as much of our own herbs and salads as we can.
- we operate a mostly paperless office and recycle all our printer cartridges.
- our postal boxes and packing shreddings are all made from undyed brown paper and card, and are fully recyclable and compostable. We use undyed brown paper tape to secure our postal boxes, which can also be composted and recycled. Our jewellery presentation boxes are made from card, which can be recycled. They come tied with satin ribbon, which can be reused for your own wrapping. Currently, the velvet insert of the presentation boxes is the only part of our packaging which cannot be recycled or composted.
- for larger pieces which require more substantial packaging, we re-use packing materials which would otherwise go to landfill (i.e. bubble wrap).
- we walk to the post office as often as we can. If this is not practical, we combine our post office trips with other journeys to cut down on unnecessary emissions.
- we keep all our scrap paper and either re-use it, recycle, or compost it. The smaller pieces of paper (old notes, lists, and things like paper backings from postage labels) we keep and use to light the woodburner in our home in wintertime.
- we recycle or melt down all our scrap metal.
- we offer recycled gold and silver as options in our bespoke and custom work, and plan to expand this into our handmade collections in future.
- we regularly pick up as much litter on our explorations into the countryside as we can, and recycle the cans, glass and plastic bottles that we come across.
where are we?
We are in the North Pennines Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty in northern England.
Our studio is on the edge of the moor, just outside the pretty village of Frosterley in Weardale.
We are 18 miles west of the city of Durham, approximately 30 minutes drive.
Why not make a day of it? We can highly recommend The Black Bull pub for lunch or dinner (or even just a pint or two). It's just a short walk down the hill from our studio, and is open Thursdays, Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays.